Introduction of TestNG framework - Advantages of TestNG over Junit framework In Selenium Web Driver training run Selenium scripts using JUnit framework. Until now we have executed selenium tests but we have not generated reports in JUnit. We are introducing a powerful new testing framework called TestNG. The TestNG framework means Next Generation testing framework. So we are seeing all next-generation features available in TestNG. I will talk about the advantages of TestNG Framework Training In Hyderabad over Junit.
TestNG is a popular JUnit framework used for the Java programming language. The TestNG framework introduced to overcome the limitations of the JUnit framework. Most of the automation users are using this framework. Its advantages & more supported features. Until we have executed selenium test script but not even generated test reports. So using this TestNG framework learns to generate test reports.
Features of TestNG Framework:
TestNG supports many powerful features & it is easy to use. Let’s see what all new features support in the new testing framework
- Support for parameters.
- Supports dependent methods testing.
- Test configuration flexible.
- Supports powerful execution model.
- Embeds BeanShell for further flexibility.
- TestNG has a simple way of handling parameterized tests with the data-provider concept.
- For the same test class TestNG support for many instances.
- Extendibility of using different Tools and plug-ins like Eclipse, Maven, IDEA.
- Default JDK functions for runtime and logging.
- Annotations @BeforeSuite, @AfterSuite, @BeforeClass, @AfterClass, @BeforeTest, @AfterTest, @BeforeGroups, @AfterGroups, @BeforeMethod, @AfterMethod, @DataProvider, @Factory, @Listeners, @Parameters, @Test.TestNG supports annotations are very helpful to guide test case executions. JUnit TestNG annotations proceeded by the ‘@’ symbol. It permits parallel execution of test cases. We can also skip the test cases while executing test cases. TestNG designed to cover all types testing categories. Like Unit, Functional testing, Integration testing, End-to-end. The TestNG framework generates test reports in both HTML and XML formats. Using ANT with TestNG, we can generate primitive Test reports as well.
Advantages of TestNG over Junit:1. TestNG Annotations are easy to understand over JUnit.
2. In TestNG there is no constraint declare @BeforeClass and @AfterClass. This is present in JUnit.
3. As method name constraint is present in JUnit. The method name constraint is not present in TestNG method names.
4. In TestNG enable you to the grouping of test cases which is not possible in JUnit.
5. TestNG supports following three 3 extra setup/teardown level: @Before/After Suite, @Before/After Test and @Before/After Group.
6. TestNG do not need to extend any class.
7. TestNG dependent test cases each test case is independent of another test case.
8. TestNG allows us to execute test cases based on the group. Let’s take a scenario where we have created two set of groups “Regression” & “Sanity”. If we want to execute the test case is possible in TestNG framework.
9. Parallel execution of Selenium test cases is possible in TestNG.
TestNG Framework Training In Hyderabad: We provide professional selenium training in Hyderabad. we offer TestNG Framework Training In Hyderabad by online.