Current trends in software testing are as follows:
- Blending of Manual and Automation Testing
- Adoption of Agile and DevOps methodology and tools for faster delivery
- Increasing adoption of Open Source tools for test automation
- More focus on User eXperience , performance, Speed and quality of service.
- Shift from QA to Quality Engineering
- Demand for testing of applications developed using SMAC and IoT technologies
- Due to digitization, Automation would take lead
- Software Development Engineer in Test SDET would become key profile
Job Title: Software Development Engineer in Test
- Hands on Experience in Selenium with Java (MUST Have)
- Hands on Experience in JAVA Scripting (MUST Have)
- Hands on Experience in Selenium/Protractor (MUST have)
- Experience in HTML, CSS
- Experience in Unit test tools like Jasmine or Karma
- Identify impact of new functionalities and make automation enhancements
- Develop, Test and Execute automation scripts
- Troubleshoot automation failures and make code fixes
- In depth experience in writing detailed and accurate test cases, test scripts, and test results
- Experience with SQL and data retrieval from a relational database is a plus
- SDET Training is best practices to become a Software Development Engineer in Test
Certified SDET Training Curriculum
SDET is an emerging and important job oriented role in IT nowadays, An IT professional who can work equally effective in development as well as testing. SDET stands for Software Development Engineer in Test, an SDET takes part in the complete software development process.
SDET course main objective is to produce a competent SDET, who can fit in this challenging role and perform day to day activities with both development and testing department. Practical assignments/lab are the important part of this course.
What are the roles and responsibilities of an SDET?
- SDET should able to perform Test Automation and setting up frameworks on multiple application platforms like Web, Mobile, and Desktop.
- Takes part in SDLC process.
- Able to work on design and development activities.
- Create & manage bug reports and communicate with the team members.
- Able to adopt agile environment of working.
- Working ability with DevOps environment.
- Business-driven development is an important role of SDET.
Full Stack QA (SDET) Course Syllabus:
IT Infrastructure Automation
Discover automation and how automation can be used to improve or manage IT infrastructure and processes, and also examine some of the tools available to help with IT automation
Automated Software Testing
Ensuring software is as bug-free and secure as possible requires knowledge of detailed testing techniques. Explore various types of software testing techniques.
Java is one of the most widely-used development languages in the world today. Discover the key features of Java and object-oriented programming, defining classes, identifying class components, and using a main method
Introduction to Automated Testing with Selenium
Explore the Selenium Suite, specifically Selenium IDE and its features, and learn how to create and run test cases and test suites. This course covers how to install the Selenium IDE, and install Firebug. Explore the Selenium IDE and its features, including the toolbar, editor, log, reference, UI-Element, and rollup pane. Learn how to build and run test cases, test suites, and multiple browser tests. Step through best practices to troubleshoot in the Selenium IDE. Then, as a review exercise, you will practice with the Selenium IDE toolbar, editor, log pane, reference pane, UI-Element pane, and the rollup pane.
Beginning Cucumber and Behavior-driven Development
Cucumber and BDD provide several analysis and collaboration techniques to complement Test Driven Development. Explore the concepts of Cucumber and BDD, including rules, example mapping, and installing Cucumber.
Cucumber Steps and Scenario Development
Cucumber has various strategies and implementations that provide users the ability of creating expressive scenarios. Explore Gherkin and the ability of creating expressive scenarios optimizing test outputs.
Deep Dive Cucumber
Discover how to manage scenarios and behaviors with Cucumber. Explore various scenarios including databases and web services, REST API, and troubleshooting test processes.
Explore the concepts of Jenkins 2 and plugins that are enabled by default, and learn how to set up a Jenkins environment, build jobs, and choose and use the right plugins.
Jenkins: Testing & Continuous Integration
Discover how to setup Jenkins to implement automated testing, publish reports and use the different tools to improve the quality of the code
JUnit is a framework for writing and running unit tests for Java. Discover how to get started with JUnit, key members of the API, and how to create a test case and use fixtures
TestNG is a framework for writing and running unit tests for Java. Discover how to get started with JUnit, key members of the API, and how to create a test case and use fixtures
API Test Automation
Learn to test API using the SoapUI and Reast Assured automated API testing tools.
Rest API Automation using REST Assured Framework
Rest API Automation using REST Assured Framework : Overview of APIs, Working with REST APIs, Web Services Vs REST APIs, Introduction to Rest Assured, Construction of API Requests, Extraction of API Responses, Advanced concepts of API Automation framework design
Mobile Test Automation with Appium
- Introduction on Mobile Test Automation using Appium
- Demonstrable ability to install & configure Appium, SDKs to test Android Apps
- Demonstrable understanding of Appium Libraries
- Demonstrable skill of developing test script to test Mobile Apps
- Demonstrable skill in testing Native, Web & Hybrid Mobile apps
Framework Design for Mobile Test Automation with Appium
- Design the Industry Standard Mobile framework from Scratch which is compatible for both Android and IOS Platforms
- Design Appium Framework with open source technologies like Learn Maven, TestNG, Jenkins, JUnit, Git, Extent Reports and Apache Log4J2
- Implement end to end CI/CD pipeline from scratch using Appium with all framework features like logging, reporting etc