Implicit Wait Commands in Selenium WebDriver C#
The wait is a very important concept in any automation task. Waits are vital to any task due to the unpredictability that comes with automation. Sometimes might find that the component wants to perform an action on packed little late. this automation script breaks. In case of Web software, this unpredictability boosts quite Implicit wait Commands in C-Sharp.
Implicit Wait following factors
- Slow internet connection
- Ajax calls created by elements
- Database phone calls made by website
- Slow browsers
- Delay packed elements, which used to maximize bandwidth usage
There could be a great many other factors too. The main element indicates understand people focus on these delays and write code. so that any hold off taken care of, as well as testing scripts, don't break. Because of this Selenium Webdriver includes some excellent inbuilt waits. We will see them one by one.
Test web application
Expect a test web application and in the application, there is a link. This link takes a differing amount of time to appear on the site. Some time its present on the web page as soon as the page tons. other times it seems on the web page after a hold off of some mere seconds. I write a simple IWebDriver.FindElement command word. it will sometimes pass with other times NoSuchElement exception in the application
Implicit wait Commands in C-Sharp
The implicit wait employed to inform web driver. there situations when some elements on the website will not be present. In those instances to hold back for quite a while before trying to get the element. This called implicit hang on and below is the code to identify implicit wait.
Important points to keep in mind
- The default value of implicit wait is 0 a few moments. This means that WebDriver will attempt to get the element only time and after that. it will toss an exemption if an element is not found.
- Implicit hang on has a default polling time of 250 milliseconds. Which means that WebDriver will poll the Dom after each 250 milliseconds till. The aspect is available or the timeout specified it exhausted.
- Implicit wait around applied lasts for the whole session. this implies till enough time IWebDriver subject is alive.
- Implicit hang altered any number of times till the IWebDriver time is alive.
Page Fill Timeout
Purpose: Sets the amount of time to wait for a full page insert to complete before tossing an error. In the event the timeout is negative, web page tons can be indefinite.
Set Script PERIODS
Purpose: the quantity of time to hold back for an asynchronous script to complete execution an error. If the timeout is negative, then the script permitted to run.
Purpose: That is rarely used, as it always drives the browser to hold back for a specific time. Thread.Rest is never a good notion. so in retrospect Selenium provides wait for primitives.