Test Case in simple terms identifies documents. which specifies type, pre-conditions, group of execution steps and expected the result. A good test case works finding flaws and addresses of the cases/combinations on the system under Test Case of Software Testing
Test Case of Software Testing
A test circumstance has components. that represents a source, action or event and an expected response. if the feature of a credit card application is working. Test Circumstance Writing can be an activity. that includes a great effect on the testing stage. which makes test situations an important part of the test execution process.The Test Plan details what to test while a Test Case describes how to execute a specific test. It is necessary to build up a test circumstance for every test outlined in the test plan.
The technique to Develop Good Test Case?
create good test circumstances is important for testing resource and imagine. it doesn't take too much of energy and time to write effective test scripts. check out certain guidelines writing test cases
1: Detailed Study of the machine Under Test
- it is vital to have a detailed understanding of the system are testing. It can be any program or any software. Try and get the greatest amount of information as possible through available documentation. such as use situations, guides courses, or insurance firms hands on the program itself.
- the possible positive situations odd cases. which can break the system such as stress tests, uncommon mixtures of inputs.
2: Written in Simple Language
- The test instances are written in a simple and understandable vocabulary. They must be clear and concise as the author of test circumstance may not perform them.
- Exact and constant labels for e.g. of varieties, or domains under test used to avoid ambiguity.
3: Test Circumstance Template
Test case template is a record in which tester write their Test Circumstances. each variable should include good test instances
- Test Case Identification: It's the unique number given to test case to recognized. This field identified by the type of system our company is testing.
- Test Circumstance Name: This may contain
- Name of the feature you are testing
- Rule quantity from the specifications
- Necessity name as categorized in client's document
- This gives the specific name like particular Button or text box name, for Test Case related. For Test Circumstance we will choose to Necessity it belongs to.
- Description: This field gets the summary of what individual test case can do. It points out what attribute is under test and under what condition
- Pre-Conditions: Any prerequisites or preconditions must fulfill before performing the test described. Pre-conditions could be A certain web page that a customer must be on A certain data that should be in the machine A particular action performed before "execution steps" carried out on that one system.
They are the steps to perform on the system under test to get the required results. Steps described and must be correct. They were written and carried out number wise. That is a very important part in Test Circumstance. it gives the clear picture are doing on the precise object. This is the navigation because of this Test Case. For e.g. 1) Navigate to gmail.com 2) In the 'email' field, go into the email of the documented user. 3) Click on the 'Next' button. 4) Enter the security password of the documented user 5) Click 'Signal In'.
- Expected Final result: This is actually the consequence of execution steps performed. It specifies the actual specification or end user expects from that particular action. Expected results should be clear for each expectation of a Test Circumstance. so that we can specify go or fail criteria for every expectation.
- Actual Effect: These actual outcomes the execution steps performed on the system under test. We will test the actual application against each Test Circumstance. if it complements the Expected consequence. then we will say it as "As Expected" else we will write what actually took place after doing those activities.
It suggests Move or Fail status of that particular Test Case
- Passed - When the expected and actual results match.
- Failed - if the genuine final result and expected consequence do not match
- Not Tried - The test case is not executed
comments: This column designed for more information. So for e.g., if position defined to "can't test" the tester can give the reason in this column.