What is Cross Browser Testing?
Cross Browser Testing is a practical test to check web application work programs.
Selenium WebDriver using Cross Browser Testing
Why do we need Cross Browser Testing?
Web-based applications are different from Windows applications. The web application opened in any browser by the end user. people prefer to open twitter.com in Firefox browser, while other does can be using Chrome browser or IE. that in IE, the login box of Twitter is not indicating bend at all corners, but rather we can see it in Chrome program. The web application will work as expected in all popular browsers so that more people can access it and use it. This thought process satisfied with Cross Browser Testing of the item.
Reason Cross Browser Issues
- Font size mismatch in different browsers.
- CSS, HTML validation difference can be there.
- Some browser still not supporting HTML5.
- Page alignment and div size.
- Image orientation.
- Browser incompatibility with OS.
How to perform Cross Browser Testing
Selenium Web Driver automate test cases using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari browsers. To execute test cases with different browsers on the same machine at the same time. we can integrate TestNG framework with Selenium Web Driver. the testing.xml has two Test tags, this test case will execute two times for 2 different browsers. First Test 'Chrome Test' will pass the value of parameter 'browser' as 'chrome'. so Chrome Driver executed. This test case will run on Chrome browser. The second Test 'Firefox Test' will pass the value of parameter 'browser' as 'Firefox'. so Firefox Driver executed. This test case will run on Firefox browser.
- Cross-Browser Testing is a test web application with different web browsers.
- Selenium support different type of browsers for automation.
- Selenium incorporated with TestNG to perform Multi-Browser Testing.
- parameters in testing.XML pass browser name, and in a test case. we create Web Driver reference.