What is Jenkins?
The Jenkins is the most important open source continuous process of the combine with another tool. It is cross-platform and it can be used on Windows, Linux, Mac and Solaris environments. It is composed in Java. Jenkins most important usage to check the progress any job which can be any application state. It stimulates preconfigured actions when an individual step occurs in tasks. The Jenkins allows us to take 1 more step further, and allow us to automate this execution of test cases. A little more work, you can configure such that your tests execute every time after deploys a new build. Checks in code Jenkins build a execute unit tests, deploys the application to test environment. Jenkins builds and then executes your tests on the newly deployed application. This is essential the CI process that others have mentioned. At this point, the only thing that you need to really worry is the writing of your test automation code. The gathering of test results post-execution. All other processes have been automated through the use of Jenkins
What is Maven?
The word Maven means "accumulator of knowledge" in Yiddish. It is a build automation tool used main for Java projects. Its particular two features of build for software. First, it marks out how software is built and second, it marks out its province controlled by another. The Maven Is Powerful Java project management and erect management tool. That means we can manage java project builds effort to use of maven. The Maven can help you to reduce your project and build management time and efforts. It is fine to manage project manual if it is small. But if a project is large or there are many projects then it is too hard for a developer to manage each of the manuals. You can set up all those things which required to run your project code Independent. Maven provides a common platform to generate source code, compile and package code.
Why Maven & Jenkins?
Apache Maven offers support to manage the full lifecycle of a test project. Maven is used to defining project structure, province build, and test management. Use of pom.xml you can configure dependencies needed for build test and run code. The maven directs downloads the necessary files from the repository while building the project.
Important Features of Jenkins
- Jenkins produces the list of all changes done in repositories like SVN.
- Direct links to the latest build or failed build in Jenkins for easy communication.
- Jenkins can be configured to email the content of the status of the build.
- To configure the various tasks on Jenkins is easy.
- Jenkins can be configured to run the automation test build on Test NG after each build of SVN.
- Jenkins can be configured to distribute the build on many machines
- Jenkins documents the details of a jar version. A jar and map for build jar numbers.
- Third party plugin can be configured in Jenkins to use features and extra functionality
Important Features of Maven
- Get a new project or content started in seconds. Simple project setup that follows the best performance of an activity in Maven
- Consistent usage across all projects means no ramp-up time for new developers come to project
- Senior dependency organization includes automatic update, dependency closures
- Able to easily work with many projects at the same time
- A large and developing repository of libraries and metadata to use out of the box
- Largest Open Source projects for real-time availability of their latest releases
- Extensible, with the ability to easily write plugin Java or script languages
- Instant access to new aspects with little or no extra configuration
- Ant tasks for dependency directorate and deployment outside of Maven