Selenium Be Used for Mobile Testing
The test automation engineer has definitely heard of Selenium. the times changing and all asking can use Selenium skills with mobile testing as well. we have some great news for keep on reading.
Selenium for Mobile Testing
Mobile testing has become a rule and testers. who want to expand their testing knowledge. The efficiency should be able to perform mobile testing as well. There is software accessible from the browser. the most of these websites have a matching app. If using Selenium for testing. The web applications is a good chance company has at least one mobile app. The long answer cannot use Selenium for mobile app testing. The frameworks based on Selenium especially created for mobile automated testing. The use Selenium for mobile website testing. These frameworks are
- Selendroid and
What is Selendroid?
Selendroid, as the name suggests is a Selenium-based test automation framework. It made especially for Android drives off the UI of native and hybrid apps. Selendroid also used on emulators and real devices. It integrated into the Selenium Grid for scaling and parallel testing.
What makes Appium special?
Features of Selendroid
- Full compatibility with the JSON Wire Protocol/Selenium 3.0 Ready.
- No modification of app under test required to automate it
- Testing the mobile web using Android driver web view app
- Same concept for automating native or hybrid apps
- UI elements found by different locator types
- Gestures supported: Advanced User Interactions API
- Selendroid can interact with many Android devices at the same time
- Existing Emulators started
- Selendroid supports hot plugging of hardware devices
- Full integration node into Selenium Grid for scaling and parallel testing
- Many Android target API support (10 to 19)
- Built in Inspector to simplify test case development.
- Selendroid extended at runtime with your own extensions