Introduction to Automation Testing
Testing is an essential part of a software development process. While testing intermediate versions of products/projects development. The testing team needs to execute many test cases. The release every new version is mandatory. That the version passes through a set of “regression” and “smoke” tests. Most of all such tests are standard for every new version of product/project. Thus automated to save human resources and time for executing.
Benefits of using Selenium Automation Testing
- Reduction of tests’ time execution and human resources required
- Complete control over the tests’ results
- The change test’s preconditions and input data, and re-run the tests with many sets of data
- it needs to identify tasks that an application has to do.
- Second, a set of necessary input data has created.
- Third, expected results have defined in order one can judge that an application works.
- Fourth, Executes a test.
- Finally, Compares expected results with actual results. It decides whether the test passes.
- Selenium Web driver
- Eclipse IDE
- AutoIT Tool
- JExcel or Apache POI to perform operations with excel like read, write and update the excel sheet
It is an open source testing framework. Which use for testing Web-based applications. It has different components in that Webdriver has the Selenium Remote Control. Selenium Webdriver supports run test cases and many programming languages. Like C#, Java, Python, Ruby, Net, Perl, PHP. To create and change test scripts.
2. Eclipse IDE:
Eclipse is an integrated development environment for Java. The Eclipse IDE is a product of the Eclipse Open Source project.
Is a testing framework inspired from JUnit and NUnit? It has extended new functionalities powerful and easier than the other testing frameworks. It supports Reporting and XLST plug-ins to customize or extend testing reporting style. Testing also provides the ability to tool 'I-Reporter' an interface. This implemented to generate a Customized Testing report by users. It has a 'generate Report ()' method. Which invoke after all the suite has completed. Its execution and report into the specified output directory.
4. Auto IT:
Auto-It v3 is a freeware scripting language. It designed for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting. It uses a combination of simulated keystrokes, mouse movement. This is not possible with Selenium.