Analysis Services in Business Intelligence Development Studio
A Business Intelligence Development Studio is the environment. that use to develop Online Analytical Processing cubes and data mining models. BIDS is the Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 environment. the enhancements that are specific to business intelligence solutions. the information features of Business Intelligence Development Studio. Business Intelligence Development Studio provides several unique features. that work with Analysis Services projects and integrate Analysis Services projects. with Reporting Services and Integration Services.
Business Intelligence Development Studio
The design surface in Business Intelligence Development Studio is an object. that work within Analysis Services. there is working with data mining models, named Data Mining Designer. Another designer for working with cubes, named Cube Designer. Solution Explorer, located to the right of the design surface. provides a mechanism between design surfaces and managing the items in a project. Business Intelligence Development Studio also contains a deployment window. that displays the progress of a deployment change the properties of selected objects.
Analysis Services in BIDS Training in Hyderabad
The sections describe the components of BIDS. that are unique to Analysis Services.
- Solution Explorer
Analysis Services Solution Explorer
- The use Solution Explorer to move through the different components of your projects. Double-click an item in a folder to open the associated designer. the right-click a folder to add a new item to the folder. Solution Explorer contains the project items open a new Analysis Services project.
- Data Sources. A data source represents a connection. It shared among OLAP cubes and data mining models in a project.
- Data Source Views. A data source view represents a subset of the data in a data source. It contains named queries and named calculations. Data source views shared among many OLAP cubes and data mining models in a project. choose tables, views, or named queries from as the source of data for an OLAP cube or data mining model.
- Cubes. A cube represents a set of measures. that group into measure groups and organized by dimensions. Cubes are constructed from data retrieved from relational data sources. such as an OLTP data warehouse, or a data mart.
- Dimensions. Dimensions used in Analysis Services to organize data within cubes. The combination attributes to represent levels of categorization within a cube.
- Mining Structures. A mining structure defines the data domain from which mining models are built. A single mining structure can contain many mining models that share the same domain.
- Roles. Roles used in Analysis Services to manage security for OLAP and data mining objects and data.
- Assemblies. Analysis Services enables add assemblies to an Analysis Services instance or database. Assemblies enable create external, user-defined functions using any common language runtime language. the Component Object Model automation language.
Miscellaneous. If add files of other types. such as documents or images, Analysis Services project. these files grouped in the Miscellaneous folder.
Analysis Services Designers
- The designers in an Analysis Services project in BIDS. To use a designer, open its associated project item in Solution Explorer.
- Data Source View Designer. The Data Source View Designer provides an environment. that use to add and remove objects, choose logical primary columns. the relationships between tables, replace tables with other tables or with named queries. The add named calculations to existing tables in the data source view.
- Cube Designer. The Cube Designer provides an environment to configure the cube and the objects in the cube. For international applications add translations for Analysis Services objects. For processed cubes, browse the cube structure and view data.
- Dimension Designer. The Dimensions Designer provides an environment to configure the dimension and objects dimension. For international applications, add translations for the dimension metadata. processed dimensions, browse the dimension structure and view data.
Data Mining Designer. The Data Mining Designer provides an environment. that use to create, explore, and work with data mining models.
Analysis Services Menus
- Business Intelligence Development Studio contains custom menu items. that use with an Analysis Services project.
- Database. menu options to make changes to the Analysis Services database. It associated with the current Analysis Services project.
- Cube. the menu options to navigate through the Cube Designer, or to perform operations. the specific to the cube selected in Solution Explorer.
- Dimensions. Use the Dimensions menu options to navigate through the Dimension Designer. the process dimension selected in Solution Explorer.
Mining Model. Use the Mining Model menu options to navigate through the Data Mining Design. the perform tasks specific to the tab and options selected in the designer.
Analysis Services Tools/Options
- The options, which are specific to Analysis Services, in the Options dialog box. To access the Options dialog box, select Options from the Tools menu.
- Connection and query timeouts. Use to set the default timeout for connecting to an instance of Analysis Services. the default time-out for querying against an instance of Analysis Services. The timeouts measured in seconds.
- Default Deployment Server Edition. Use to set the edition of the server that the project deployed to. the adjust the defaults for new projects that you create. This property serves as the basis for designer validations. which are specific to the edition. Developer Enterprise Evaluation Standard
- Default Target Server. Specifies the default server for new projects.
- Data Mining Viewers. Use to adjust the default colors that used in the data mining viewers.
Analysis Services in BIDS Training in Hyderabad
Analysis Services in BIDS Training in Hyderabad: We provide MSBI Analysis Services in BIDS Training in Hyderabad by real time experts.